- What personal data we process;
- The purpose and legal basis for processing;
- What we do with the data you provide us;
- How long we retain your personal data; and
- What your rights are with respect to your personal data.
What personal data we process
Here at LaG we operate on the basis of minimizing the personal data we process to instances where this processing is absolutely necessary. Therefore, we will only process your personal data when you provide it to us via:
- Commenting on a LaG post;
- Sign up to receive email notifications via the WordPress receive email notifications tool by providing your personal email address;
- Contact us via our contact us page;
- When you like our post; and/or
- Contact us directly via our direct contact email address.
We will, therefore, process your name and any other personal data you provide us with as part of your comment or contact with us. Accordingly, we advise you to minimize the personal data you provide to us to instances where it is absolutely necessary.
The purpose and legal basis for processing
What we do with the information you provide us
In order to ensure we properly serve our readership, we have determined contact and debate via comments and our contact us page are absolutely necessary to provide debate and commentary regarding content creation and legal issues. We also use your comments and likes to tailor content to our readership, enabling us to better perform our purpose.
How long we retain your personal data
All comments will remain on our site for the duration of the lifetime of this blog. This is to serve the purpose of continuing to simulate debate so long as this blog’s content is accessible to the public.
If at any time you require any personal data be deleted, amended or require confirmation of what personal data we process please get in touch via the “Contact Us” page.
What your rights are with respect to your personal data
Due to our processing of personal data we have the obligation to inform you of your following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Your right to access your personal data- you have to right to ask us for copies of your personal data;
- Your right to rectification of personal data- you have the right to ask us to amend personal data we have which you think is inaccurate;
- Your right to erasure- you have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in some circumstances;
- Your right to restriction of processing- you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- Your right to object to processing; and
- Your right to data portability- This only applies to the information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you. The right only applies if we are processing information based on your consent.
If you require any further information about your rights, please Contact Us.